Sunday, April 8, 2012

It's Been a While.. and The Masters

Hi guys, sorry about the lack of posts within the past few months.  I've been pretty busy adjusting to life in Minneapolis, as I moved out here on January 3rd.  In addition to my job at Wells Fargo Advisers in the Account Maintenance Department, I've also been interning part-time as an Organizer on a political campaign.  The Twin Cities are great to live in, with tons of different attractions to visit, and activities to pursue throughout the year.  I'm truly excited for what the summer could potentially bring here. 

As much praise as I have for Minneapolis and St. Paul, I'm in the process of applying for a few jobs and internships out in California.  My mother grew up in California, and met my father while they were both in graduate school in the Bay Area.  Although my parents reside in Michigan, I still have a lot of older family out in California that I would love to spend more time with.  Living in Michigan and Minnesota hasn't afforded me the luxury of doing that, so hopefully one of those opportunities comes through.  One internship I'm applying for is at Bleacher Report where I would help in the Breaking News department.  Being the sports junkie that I am, this would be an excellent fit.  Not only would I be able to work in San Francisco, but also work doing something I am extremely passionate about.

Great round yesterday, Phil




That being said, the final round of The Masters at Augusta National is underway.  Unlike last year, Tiger Woods won't be making a charge up the leaderboard, but similar to last year's results I don't think a big name will win it this year.  Judging by the current leaderboard, I'm essentially saying the 2012 Masters Champion will not be Phil Mickelson.  Peter Hanson shot a stroke lower than Phil yesterday, and holds that margin of a lead on Phil going into the final round.  I also like Louis Oosthuzien's chances, as he proved he can handle the pressure of a major's final round at The Open Championship on 2010.  Lee Westwood is also capable of shooting a low round, and I feel like he is hungrier than most for his first major championship.

I hope to be updating more regularly and will try and update my blog design as well.  Make sure to follow me on Twitter at the handle listed below.

Rob Brereton
@RobBrereton

No comments:

Post a Comment